RTE admission deadline extended, nomination of more than 54,000 students still incomplete

RTE admission deadline extended, nomination of more than 54,000 students still incomplete

The deadline for the RTE admission process, which was scheduled to end on February 28, has now been extended to March 10. The education department decided after it was found that out of over 1 lakh allotted seats, more than 54,000 students have not confirmed their admissions yet.

An official of the Directorate of Primary Education said that this expansion has been done keeping in mind the present enrollment numbers. According to data from the official RTE website, over 3.5 lakh applications were received this year, out of which 1,01,967 students were allotted seats through the lottery process. However, so far only 47,886 students have confirmed their enrollment, leaving more than 54,000 seats vacant.

One of the major reasons for the delay in admission is said to be the difficulties in obtaining the necessary documents, due to which many students are not able to complete the admission process. Last year too, due to similar delays, more than 11,000 seats remained vacant. This time, officials are trying to complete the admission process by May so that the maximum number of students can get the benefits of the RTE scheme.

Maharashtra State Commission for Protection of Child Rights has also directed the Director of Primary Education that the RTE admission process for the academic year 2025-26 should be completed within the stipulated time. This time, if there is a delay in the admission process again, Maharashtra Students, Parents, and Teachers Federation President Nitin Dalvi has warned that they may consider taking legal action regarding the issue. He also said that if children do not get admission by May, parents will be forced to enroll themselves in private schools at their own expense, thereby deviating from the original spirit of the RTE Act of providing free education to children from weaker economic sections.

It is worth noting that under the RTE Act, 25% of seats in private schools are reserved for students from economically weaker sections so that they can get quality education. Officials are constantly appealing to parents and schools to complete the admission process on time so that all eligible students can avail the full benefits of this scheme.

Want to grow your business organically contact us now

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *